Saturday, January 16, 2016

Happy New year!

1/3/16
Hello Family!

Our mission had 76 baptisms in December. Highest month out of the whole year. Our goal this year is to have 100 baptisms a month. We have 10 zones so each zone is responsible for 10 baptisms a month, it is definitely possible and I am excited to work on reaching this goal. 

Oh so I have one question. Or I guess an assignment for you mom. So My phlebotomy certification expires in october for the state of california. My national certification has already expired. Could you please check and see what I need to do to renew my certification. I want how long it will take to process everything in order to renew. I am a little concerned with the timing and when I get home.. So could you do that for me?

Sounds like you had a fun trip up to rexburg.... beach theme reception is a pretty cool theme for the wedding.  Kyle could wear an eyepatch. That would look good. Haha..

Our baked mac and cheese was okay.... The middle of it got a little burnt on the bottom because the oven had a big flame burner at the bottom... but it still tasted good... it was expensive because we bought real cheese. And the ham was good. I managed to make a glaze for it which was really good. I think the elders liked it. Then we ordered 4 pizzas which is always good, and we made deep fried oreos. It was a pretty good new year. I didn't  take many pictures... and I don't think I got any pictures of the fireworks because there weren't meny before 10:30... at mid-night the noise woke me up so I peeked out the window from my bed for about 5 seconds then went back to sleep. The fireworks weren't that crazy though this year I heard because it was raining super hard aparently at 12. How was your new years? You didn't have to go to the youth dance this year, a first for you for lots of years. 

It is strange that you are all doing wedding plans now and that Kyle and Cathy are doing engagement pictures on saturday. 

Elder Burgos and I had a good week teaching a lot of people and inviting a lot of people to come closer to Christ. It was a great week and we were able to teach quite a few lessons. Saturday was a super hard day. It was the first saturday I think in my whole mission that I was not able to teach a lesson. We were walking around all day long and didn't get to teach a single lesson. But we got to talk to a TON of people about the gospel and we got a lot of return appointments. Elder Burgos and I think it is because a lot of people were hungover and resting from the last few days of partying that they had. We are having a hard time getting investigators to come to church so we are really working on improving that. We feel like we are doing everything we can but they just aren't going to church. So we are going to work on that. We had one come this week but not any of the ones that we were actually planning for...

And as for my spiritual insight for this week, I just want to share my testimony with you all. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father. He wants to bless us, and His only desire is for us to be happy. I know that we have a Savior who has experienced all of our pains and afflictions. Whatever it is that we have done wrong, we can repent. I know that The Book of Mormon is the word of God. If we read it, ponder it, and pray about the truthfulness of it, we will know it is from God. I know that Joseph Smith was called as a prophet of God and was made an instrument in the hands of God to restore the Church of Jesus Christ to this earth. I know that we have a living prophet of God, Thomas S. Monson, who leads and guides the church through prophecy and revelation, and that he holds all priesthood keys necessary for the salvation of man. I know and proclaim all these things to be true in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I love you all!

Elder Schroeder

here are pictures of all our food for New Years.



more food and my kabahy (people that live in the same apartment with me).
left to right: Elder Burgos, Packard, and Ballif



oh and by the way i cut the ham with a machete because all of our other knives are dull and we dont have a sharpening  stone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment