Monday, May 27, 2013

See ya later Elder Schroeder!

Tuesday night May 21st President Moore came to our home to set Connor apart as a full time Missionary and he was given a wonderful Priesthood blessing.  We had a nice evening together as a family and with our close friends Scott and Diane Todd. He was very excited and ready to go!! He also was able to Face Time his Sister's in AZ and Idaho.

Wednesday morning he said his final goodbyes to Grandma Schroeder and Casey, Joy, and Walker and made a couple phone calls to Grandma and Grandpa Rozsa and Wes who was leaving a couple hours after him to to fly to the MTC in Argentina. We headed to the airport to catch his 10:05 am flight to the Manila Missionary training center where he will spend 5-6 weeks learning Tagalog and be trained as a missionary.
Mom tracked his flights all the way to Manila

He arrived at 10:05 pm Thursday May 23rd (which is 7:05 am in California) He was with a group of missionaries that he met in Seattle and they went to a hotel for the night. They were picked up at 7:30 am Friday to report to the MTC in Quezon City. We got an email @ 5pm just after he arrived to the MTC to say he arrived safe and sound:) Also, his immunization records were misplaced and he needed me to scan & email them to the secretary asap. I was able to do it right away and got a confirmation email from the secretary that it was received within a minute. He also said his preparation days will be on Wednesdays while in the MTC. That's when he will do his laundry, prepare for the coming week and email home:) Connor's mom (Robin) will be posting on this blog periodically to keep his friends and family updated on how he is doing, what he is doing and posting pictures that he sends in his emails home.

Uncle Elder Schroeder, with Grandma just before leaving to the Airport,
(L-R) Scott Todd, President Moore, Elder Schroeder, Dad, Casey (Brother)

On the way to the Airport. He was so Happy!!
Mom and Dad just after he was an official missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment