Monday, December 30, 2013

New Assignment- Makati City

December 23, 2013
Hello Family!

So first off, about transfers. I am in an area called Makati 1A. Elder Woodburn and I have just become Zone Leaders of the Makati East Zone. I can't believe that God and President Stucki were inspired to give us that assignment. I feel like there is so much that I need to improve on to be a better person and a missionary. I feel inadequate for the position to be honest. But I do know with all my heart, that whoever the Lord calls, he qualifies. And that I have been called of God. I have a job to do, and I know that I can do it with the Lord's help, even though I don't feel worthy of it, and I am still a relatively new missionary. Well, I have a lot of work to do that is for sure. You probably remember Elder Woodburn right. You talked to his mom a bit before I believe. He was wondering if you were still talking to her. Anyways. So I am so excited to call you guys! I will probably call around 12:15 my time Christmas day. We are allowed 1 hour and a half. I can't wait to be able to talk to you guys and I already know one of the first questions Mom will ask me...

So in our new area, we are right next to all the super rich people.. it is actually in our area.


We also have all the malls and buildings and things in a place called Global. So we have places like IHOP, Texas roadhouse, Hard Rock, and other things like that. It is like a version of America just filled with Filipinos. So so much different than my last area. We have a couple barangay's (like subdivisions) called Pitogo, and South Cembo. It is so fun to be here in Manila and to be a zone leader here. There are so many people.

(one funny thing is that both of our Lolos "grandpas" are the AP's right now. The Elders who trained both of our trainers are both the AP's... weird bloodline.) I am not sure if that made sense.... 
Anyways again. In our area we are really just trying to figure everything out. Where people live, where things are and everything. Because we are both new in the Area. Elder Woodburn knows how to get around though because his area before was just a few miles away. We are sure having a lot of fun though here in our area. We have a few good stories already.
One good experience we had just yesterday. We were going around with the ward mission leader to members and less actives houses, and we go in to teach this active member family. So we decided that Elder Woodburn would lead the lesson. And as he searches for something he wants to share I think, "darn, I have the perfect scripture that I want to share," but I gave him the lesson and let him lead it. So then when he goes to share, he shares the exact some scripture that I was thinking to share. I had received inspiration from the Spirit to share that scripture, but as we taught with unity and I let my companion take the lead... we both received the same inspiration from the Spirit. We had done no planning for what to teach this family, we hadn't even mentioned that scripture to one another before. And from the whole Book of Mormon. We were both inspired to share the exact same verse. (Alma 6:6) It is so great to have a companion that is a skilled teacher and listens to the Spirit. We are both going to learn so much from one another.
I am having so much fun teaching about the Savior in this time of the year.  I love being able to serve the Lord and be an answer to others prayers.
This Gospel is the only way. Through our Savior and Redeemer. He is the way, the truth and the light, no man can come unto the Father but by him. (that's from John 14:6). I know it, and I testify of it. I love you guys. Keep spreading the Savior's love to others.
Elder Schroeder



We had an amazing Skype session with Elder Schroeder Christmas eve!! 
He is doing well, he is healthy and very happy!  Robin






December 30, 2013
Hello Family!

Hello everyone. We sure talked to a lot of drunk people this week.... people sure do love to drink here. We had a bunch of people offer us drink on Christmas eve... anyway. What a blessing it is to serve in such a great cause. This week was a bit bumpy... everyone was super busy. Elder Woodburn and I worked our butts off and had almost no success. We had one new investigator this week when we should have like 14... soooo, we got chastised a bit from the APs... haha. Loving chastisement.... but we are really working hard and doing our best. There is no doubt in my mind that we will be blessed for our efforts in this coming year if we just press forward with steadfastness in Christ. As we exercise our faith and act on it, miracles come. 

I am loving this new area so much. The people here still have strong faith in Christ, they just tend to be more caught up in the world and a little more stubborn, there are still many that love our Savior and want to learn. One of our investigators really is having a hard time accepting our message. We had a fast as a companionship for him and I just know that God is going to soften this man's heart in his own due time. There really is no other way. I have seen it more than I ever have before. We are dependent upon the Savior for this work to progress. I am so excited to teach this man. He is such a wonderful person and has such strong faith in Christ. His wife is a member and is desperate for our help... God will soften this man's heart, I just know it. I just hope I can be a worthy enough servant to be an instrument in the Lord's hands.

I have really learned how important it is to repent. And how repentance actually works. I have always accepted the principle and know it was true.. but I haven't ever really figured out HOW it really works. I have spent a lot of study on it, a lot of pondering, and fervent prayers. I feel like I know have a very deep and solid understanding of how it works, how we can be found spotless, how we can return to our loving Father in Heaven. And I want to share it with everyone. Lets all repent! Lets all help others to repent. Lets change our lives for the better and help others to do the same. What joy there is in repentance. There is no other greater gift. I know it and I love it. Lets all set a goal for this new year to always be a better person today than we were yesterday. It is possible because of that great gift that our Kuya suffered to make possible. I love you all. Have a happy new year!
Ingat kayo palagi!
Elder Schroeder

1. sungay ng kalabaw


2. astig na kotse



3. maliit na siwsiw. kulay pink at purple



view from our apartment

cool building in our area

wall art in Makati city

No comments:

Post a Comment