Sunday, July 14, 2013

Learning a lot!


FYI - from his last week email, I told Connor to watch out for crocodile's when he crossed rivers and he replied, "haha. worlds largest crocodile was found in the Philippines by the way."
He also said, "The fruit (Rambutan) is like candy"

Technology is amazing and such a blessing for communicating with our missionaries!! Tonight we took a Sunday evening walk on the beach @ sunset in Carlsbad. We sent a collage of pictures to him on my phone while we were there on the beach. It was so cool that he opened the email exactly 24 minutes after we took the pics. Not to many years ago we would have had to develop them and put them in the mail, taking weeks to reach him.

Monday July 15, 2013
Hey Family!

You look great Mama! Here is a picture of me eating dinner with a great family, in their Bamboo hut over a swamp

Your Tagalog is right, but sounds funny in Tagalog ( I think ). But I understand them. I would use nanay and tatay for mom and dad. Ama and ina are too formal, haha.

That is awesome that Pablo is following the blog. He really should be jealous because Palawan is gorgeous. I will be sure to take lots of pictures.... which reminds me. I think the battery for my camera is dead. Like dead dead. I think it is because I packed the converter to use as the charger. And it says on the battery to only use the approved charger... dang. We are going to see if they have the charger here in an electronics store... if not, you might have to send it. I will let you know next p-day. Dang :(. Anyways.

Here are some good stories. In PEC ( Priesthood Executive Council) meeting with the ward, I said, "we have many referrals" instead of "we need many referrals" Haha. so after I finished talking, it didn't make much sense. We got a good laugh out of that. Also, a lady breast fed right in front of us (just like kyle).... which was awkward, right in the middle of a lesson. There is a family we have been teaching for a while, I love them so much! They are working on their marriage paperwork so that they can be baptized! Their lives have changed so much from when we started teaching them. The husband got a hair cut, removed all his piercings, and their family is so much more happy! We had dinner at their house the other night. They asked their 4 year old daughter what my name was, and she called me "kuya." Which means "big brother." Such a great feeling. Except we still had to try to get her to call me Elder...

My companion is the district leader for our district. I have really been able to help him a lot, he isn't very good with English and he hates paperwork. So, I have been helping him with that. Our district meeting tomorrow, I will help him out and we will be teaching together. He is a great teacher and loves to work. We are such a great companionship and we are each helping each other learn our languages. I teach him English, and he teaches me Tagalog.

Tagalog is coming along great by the way! Learning so so much. I make mistakes, but it happens, and I will fix them. So much fun to be in the Philippines. I will talk to Pablo in Tagalog when I get back! haha. Excited. Love you guys!

Ingat po! (take care)
Elder Schroeder
First baptism he attended, the Sister missionaries taught these people.


No comments:

Post a Comment