Sunday, February 28, 2016

Goodbye to Elder Burgos

2/19/16
Sorry, I had an email written up this week but there was some computer problems apparently around the whole mission. We received permission to go on for ten minutes to resend emails. So here it is, I wrote it last Monday!

2/15/16
Hello Family!

This week has been great! We had 8 investigators at church on Sunday! Elder Burgos and I have been working so hard and are seeing some great results from it. Too bad Elder Burgos is going home tomorrow. I have really enjoyed being his companion. We have almost been companions for a total of 6 months now. It is crazy how fast time goes by.

I don’t know who my new companion is yet. We thought we would find out on Friday but I guess President had something else in mind. Usually we get them a few days early so that we can do some training with them before their companion leaves. I will get to train him how to do everything. It will be a lot of fun and should be a great experience. Transfers are coming up again here really soon. We have one more week of interviews and then it will be transfer week. So this week we have 2 more interviews and my new companion will get to teach with me for the last of the interviews. I am sure he will be really excited for it, which will be great. Anyways, I am sure you can tell how excited I am to get my new companion. It is weird because basically everyone in the mission is watching to find out who my new companion is. Last night, during follow ups everyone was asking me because they thought he would already be here.

 Anyways, the network in the office right now is super slow and I don’t know if the email is going to work. Anyways, I am enjoying the work. I hope I can get this email off today. It was working well earlier but is off and on right now. 

 Well it seems like you have been having some really interesting experiences there... 

I am really enjoying being here and serving. It feels like I don't have very much time left in the mission. Its weird and It feels like I will be home in no time at all. I am really just focusing on the work and fulfilling all of the different responsibilities that I have.

Here is a spiritual insight for the week:

I was reading and pondering the scriptures in preparation for my interview that was supposed to be on Friday (it was rescheduled to another day because some other things came up). We were assigned to do a few things in preparationo for our interview. I was reading in Ether 2 about the brother of Jared and I realized how we need to take action on the faith that me have. When we face problems, like the Brother of Jared did, there are two things that can happen. One, God can give us the answer or two, God will make us find the answer. The brother of Jared had two problems, no air and no light. God gave Jared the answer to the first problem, but He expected for the Brother of Jared to find an answer to the solution. Once he found a solution, God still had to finish the job. No matter what problems we encounter, we may be able to find the solution to the problem but we will never be able to fully solve or finish any problem without the help of our Heavenly Father and His divine hand. At the same time God will not often do for us that which we can do for ourselves. We need to be seek to be self reliant, but always dependent upon our God. 

 Sorry I hope that makes sense. I am working on about 10 things at once right now. 

Well I am pretty much out of time for emailing today. I have my interview with President Ostler today as well, which should be in a few minutes. 

Love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Schroeder






No comments:

Post a Comment