Sunday, February 28, 2016

New Companion from California

2/21/16
Hello Family! 

This week has been an interesting one. I cannot believe that it is transfer week again already. Time is just going by super fast. I only have two more transfer days after this and then the next one I will be going home. I am excited to see all the new missionaries! It is a lot different training the new assistant. It is so amazing all of the things that I have learned in the time that I have been here. 
I got my new companion on Tuesday morning. We picked him up on the way to the airport so I got my new companion and then dropped off Elder Burgos at the airport. It was weird to say goodbye to him, thinking that I may never be able to see him again. He was super nervous to go home but is looking forward to his next chapter in life. He is excited to get married too.

Well, my companion's name is Elder Jason Whittle. He is from Brawley California (i am not sure on the spelling) but not too far from where we live!  So we know a lot of the same places and things which is pretty cool. He is a farmer and likes cows. He is really great! He speaks really good tagalog and is a super motivated missionary. I forgot how big of an adjustment it is to be a new Assistant. He is doing really well and is learning everything that I teach him. I think we will be a great companionship and have a lot of fun together. He wrestled in high school and was super good at it. He also is really smart, so that is good. 

Anyways, we had 6 investigators at sacrament this week and were able to help a lot of people this week to understand the Atonement. We taught this one lesson this week and this one lady thought that we were asking her to pray to Joseph Smith. Then she went on for about 15 minutes how it is the same for her as a Catholic when she prays to saints. But we got it all straightened out by the end of the lesson... it was just a little weird. It is amazing to me how the Apostasy has changed and altered so much of the plain and precious truths of the Gospel. It is such a great opportunity to be here and help a people with such strong faith to understand those simple truths that have been corrupted and lost through time. It makes me want to stand in the public markets here on a soap box and just tell everyone that it is against the commandments of God to shop on Sunday. But it doesn't work that way. I am learning a lot of patience and enjoying seeing others as their understanding changes and as they come closer to our Father in Heaven. 

I am all out of time with emailing today though, we had to run around the mission a bit this morning so we lost a lot of time for all the other things that we have to do today.

Love you!

Elder Schroeder




This is Krista she stopped in to meet me, she is a convert from my cousin Taylor's mission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment