Sunday, November 1, 2015

Be Prayerful and Faithful...

October 25, 2015 
Hello family!

How are you all doing! I am excited about the Volkswagen! All it needs is the steering column!? You should send me a video once it is all done.

That is really great mom that you get to help out the brides there in the temple. That is probably a pretty sought after position. I would imagine a lot of people like to help out brides. 

Things are going well here like always. My new companion is from an area called Zambuanga. (I am not sure if the spelling is right)... anyways, it is an area in Mindanao with a ton of muslims and a alot if rebels. He lives close to that city that the little war broke out in when I was here in the mission before. He speaks visaya so I am going to have him work on teaching me some so that I can oym in that language, since it is the second most common language in the Philippines. 

Oh and yes the Handy's took my companion and I out to eat. We met them at a place called Robinsons and they fed us. She said she is pretty sure she knows you... and that she may have yelled at you once before. Anyways, they said that I could come over and hang out with them sometime and go out with them on one of their yachts. so I am going to take them up on that offer when I get home. haha

Also, another missionary named Elder Ingram also got picked up by his mom and sisters. I got to see them as well which was really cool becuase Elder Ingram and I lived in the same apartment in Tondo together. He is a really great guy and it was really good to see him. 

The work this week was pretty good. I had 4 different companions this week. Elder Eteaki on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, then Elder Panugao and Wake On Thursday and half of friday. Then I finally got Elder Sorronda. He came off transfer becuase he was attending the sealing of some of his converts in Manila. So I was a single Zone Leader for about a week. Transfer week too! Since the Wolcotts are still new out here I had to organize how all the transfers and things would go down. With Elders from Narra coming up and Elders from Taytay coming down. It was quite an experience to figure it all out. It would have been impossible without the Wolcott's van and the Wirthlin's truck. It was quite an adventure I'll tell you what. 

So becuase of all that I didn't get to work very much in the area. But we had 2 investigators go to church and 4 less active members. So that was great! The branch in increasing in effectiveness and It is great to be a part of it right now. 

As for my spiritual insight for the week, I would like to share a quote that we recite from President Hinckley.
 "The time has come for us to stand a little taller, to lift our eyes and stretch our minds to a greater comprehension and understanding of the grand millennial mission of this the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. This is a season to be strong. It is a time to move forward without hesitation, knowing well the meaning, the breadth and the importance of our mission. It is a time to do what is right regardless of the consequences that might follow...We have work to do. Let us get at it with a new commitment, putting our trust in the Lord. We can do it, if we will be prayerful and faithful. We can do better than we have ever done before. We have nothing to fear. God is at the helm. He will overrule for the good of this work. He will shower down blessings on those who walk in obedience to His commandments. Unitedly, working hand in hand, we shall move forward as servants of the living God, doing the work of His beloved Son, our Master, whom we serve and whose name we seek to glorify." (Gordon B. Hinckley)
I love the part when he says, "we can do better than we have ever done before." Can we say to ourselves that we are always a better person than we were the previous day? Can we say that we have done more to progress the spreading of the gospel today than we did yesterday? It does not mean that we have to talk to every single person we meet about the Gospel, but it does mean that we will do everything we can so that others can see the difference the gospel makes in our lives. It means smiling more, forgiving more, being nicer to those around you and having more patience, and, when the time comes, to invite others to do the same through the Gospel of our Master, Jesus Christ. 

I love you all!

Elder Schroeder

No comments:

Post a Comment