Sunday, November 29, 2015

Things just go Wacky sometimes...

11/8/15 

Hello Family! 
Doing really well this week. I was also negative for gall stones and pancreatitis, so no worries. Nothing super serious. I stopped taking the muscle relaxants because I couldn't think while taking them. My back feels pretty good now.
I didn't  do anything out of the ordinary to make it aggravated or anything. It happened the night that we came back from Roxas. So we were sitting on a bus for a  lot of the day actually. Apparently, things just go wacky sometime. That's what Sister Lemmon said. I don't think anyone really knows why it happened. It just did. But I am doing a lot better. oh and also not my appendix. not in the right spot. 
And about the examination. I did not end up going over to Manila early becuase I was already feeling pretty good. SisterLemmon  did a short examination at mlc. and a doctor on Palawan before that. The medication I was taking is called celecoxib if you were wondering. You can look it up if you want. also eperisone for a pain killer. 

So this week was great! We went to MLC and got to laminate hundreds of maps for the office elders. That was a ton of fun.... 

MLC was really uplifting and a great experience like always. I can't believe it but that was the 8th mlc that I have been to. only the 3rd with President Ostler though. 

Sorry, I don't have much time to email again. We are in a rush today. Lots of things that need to be done.

The work is going well and we are working towards a great goal that was introduced in MLC. Having a white Christmas. Every companionship in the mission to have 2 baptisms on the 26th of December . A total of 200 is our goal. So that is going to be a big focus of the next month and a hallf

Here is a great quote that I liked from this week.

“Keeping the sacrament special for me actually requires a whole week of preparation. If I take time every night to ask for forgiveness of the issues that I caused to burden me that day, then when Sunday morning arrives, the sacrament has greater purpose in my life. I usually find my thoughts on Sunday morning turning to all the covenants I've made my whole life, and I'm motivated to recommit to keeping them, knowing that I can start new every week. During the actual partaking of the sacrament, because of the weekly preparation, I'm more able to fully appreciate and reverence the Savior and His Atonement and what it really means in my life and I have a greater commitment to always remember my Savior Jesus Christ and am more willing and able to keep all of His commandments.” —@lowanda1 (Instagram)

I found this on LDS.org, The sacrament really does take more than a morning of preparation. Or even a day. We need to remember the Savior and what he had done throughout the week, be constantly repenting and improving ourselves for the atonement to have a greater effect in our lives. I know if we do this, that we will feel greater love from our Father in Heaven, and we will know the answer to the question posed to all of us in general conference by Larry R. Lawrence, "what lack I yet?" 
I invite you all to prepared more throughout the week for partaking of the sacrament on the Sabbath day. And to answer the question for yourselves, "what is keeping me from progressing?"

I love you all! Thank you for your prayers and love

Elder Schroeder

Mission Leadership Meeting


No comments:

Post a Comment