Sunday, November 29, 2015

Family Tree, Elder Maynes and Haynie's

11/22/15

Hello Family! 
This was another fast and crazy week! We just finished transfer planning meeting earlier today and it was pretty complicated. But it is almost all figured out now and we are ready for going home missionaries, arriving missionaries, and regular transfers. So it should be an interesting next two weeks.
Also, I am getting my license tomorrow so Elder Wilson is going to have me drive everywhere so that I can learn how to get around this place. So wish me luck that I will be able to drive safely and not get lost too many times. 

Can you ask grandma to give me some background on Mary ann Kelchner, Magee, and Grandpa Arthur! I am trying to figure out some things on the family tree. There was some kind of adoption done at some point in there? I just want to know because I found some records and may be able to match them to extend the tree.

This week Elder Maynes came through and did a special meeting with us. The Haynies were also there so that was really cool! Since we were sitting on the stand with them, he didn't really see me at first, but then everyone had the opportunity to shake all of their hands... and when I shook Sister Haynie's hand she paused for a second... looked at my name tag, and said, "you look just like your mom!" They were really surprised to see me. He said that he would try to find a way to get together sometime while I am still here. So that was really cool. They wanted to stop and talk to me a little bit but there was no time before or after the conference. 
For Christmas, I am thinking that I will be available maybe around 10 or 11 am here. I think that will be the best time... but I will probably have to play it a little by ear since we sometimes get random assignments. Would you like me to call on the 26th here, so that it is Christmas time there, or what day would you like? Because we have a laptop and mobile wifi at our apartment, or I can come into the office here. So it is not a hassle no matter what really. Probably 11am -1pm would be the time slot that I would be able to skype you for 40 minutes. 

So as far as teaching this week, we found a great investigator who is totally prepared to be baptized. She is a former investigator, and is so so prepared. So I will send you a picture of that baptism in the first few weeks of January. We are really excited for her. 

This week was great with Elder Maynes coming, and my spiritual insight for this week comes from Elder Maynes message he shared. He said one thing that I don't think I will ever forget. "Leaders learn quickly, but implement immediately." In whatever assignment that we ever receive, we will be expected to lead in some way, whether large or small. To be an effective leader, we do not need to learn everything and be perfect, but when we have improvements to make, we need to implement those needed changes immediately. 
It was really inspiring to see him teach because he did not come prepared with a specific talk or teaching that he wanted to focus on. He asked all of us what we wanted to learn, and had us chose 2 or 3 things. And he taught us on those. He really is a master teacher. I learned so much from him in the hour and a half that he taught us. 

Sorry, I wish I had more time but that is all I have got for you.

Love you all!

Elder Schroeder

our snowman and friend


picture of elder burgos, wilson and i in the office

No comments:

Post a Comment