Friday, April 1, 2016

Absent best man toast...


March 7, 2016 
Oh! One more thing. I guess Casey can read this for me at the wedding reception to honor the bride and groom. Since I'm not there and I'm the best man.  It's off the cuff, just now- so it may not be any good. 

I remember just before I went out on my mission, Kyle had just gotten back from his and we were sitting in church waiting for interviews with President Wilkenson. I saw Catherine in the hallway, we exchanged a few words and that was it. I told her that I was Connor and Kyle was the one that had just gotten back from his mission, who was in his interview with president at the moment. I don't think she quite knew who was who yet. Then I had my interview with President and we went home. Later that day, our mom asked Kyle if he would like to go on a date with anyone and he said that he saw a "beautiful young lady" while waiting for his interview with President. He described her to us because he didn't know her name at that time. Turns out that was Catherine. I saw our mom get excited and say, "I think I have her number!! You should call her." Using all the fresh missionary skills that Kyle had just acquired, he called her and asked her if she would like to go on a date. 
We ended up going on a double date together at a trampoline park. I remember Catherine trying to make jokes and flirt with Kyle, but as a fresh returned missionary, his flirting skills were pretty rusty. Actually, really rusty. I guess things improved and Catherine still liked him enough to give him a second chance. Kyle kept his eye on her and the rest is history. I pray that my children one day will not beat up your children too bad. I wish you two, Kyle and Catherine, an eternity of happiness together as husband and wife, and I know that you will be blessed with a great life together. I love you so much and I am excited for the years to come. May God bless you with a loving family and a home that will be a refuge unto all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment