Tuesday, April 26, 2016

New Assignment

4/17/2016
Hello Everyone!
I have an announcement! 
I am transferring... any guesses? Paranaque? Bonifacio? Manila? Pasay? nope! I am going back to Palawan! It should be my very last area. I am excited needless to say. I think I am the only missionary to ever be assigned on Palawan 3 times. I will be there for a whole year in total. I am really excited to go there. I am going to be serving on the more southern part of the island, where I have never been before. I have seen the whole northern half, now I will get to see the whole southern half. I will be a district leader in a branch called quezon. I will also be able to conduct exchanges with the furthest south part of the mission that is open for missionary work. It is called rizal. So that will be a lot of fun to be able to do. I will get to see the whole island basically. 

There have been two new assistants called to replace me. Elder Whittle will be in a threesome with the new assistants. Elder Leofo (Samoan) and Elder Garcia (Filipino). They are both really great Elders and are going to be able to do a lot of great work in their area.

Congratulations to Casey! Is he going to start looking for work somewhere or start a business? 

Happy birthday too to Cathy! It is weird that Kyle has been home for a year now already. He sent me a picture of Cathy grinding a metal propane tank. I guess they are making a BBQ or something like that... it should be interesting. 

Yes, you should really start getting in shape for trek. I guess I need to do the same thing... I am in shape and all just not as in shape as I could be. Anyways, I am excited to be able to go on the trek with you. It will be a lot of fun! 

For the voucher, I don't know where else I could go to... the problem is that I really wouldn't have anyone to go with. It doesn't really matter to me. I was possibly thinking that I could go up to college a little bit early to be able to look for a phlebotomy job before the semester starts. I don't know if you already had plans about how I was going to get up to Idaho or anything though. I would like to visit the east coast sometime and see all the historical stuff over there. Or go see the sacred grove. That would be fun  or I could fly over to Arizona and visit summer's family. Maybe I could arrange a ride along with Glen? Well, I think that is enough of ideas. Alaska would be the best though! 
How much was my scholorship/grant for?  just curious

I am glad dad has been doing well with sanding jobs. I miss getting my hands dirty.
I hope you can get the new job as a Behavior Technician. That would be really great! You would do really well. 
You may have noticed that I withdrew last week from my account. Just letting you know that it was me, not some crazy person that robbed me. 

This week was really good. Things always seem to kind of just stay busy here. Nothing really ever winds down here in the office. Interviews are coming up though so the new assistants will be super busy. They got me to teach a class though when we have interviews on Palawan. So I am not really quite out of it. President's expectations for the work in Quezon are really high. He is expecting the whole branch and district to catch on fire. I really hope that I can do well.

As for my spiritual insight this week... It comes from what I shared in our meeting earlier. I was chosen (since it is my last few days in the office) to give the spiritual insight for the beginning of our meeting. On preparation days, I have been reading the book you sent me Patience Loader Rozsa Archer and it has been great!

I shared this scripture and it brought immediately into my mind all the stories that I have read so far from her journals. It is in Alma 34 when Amulek is teaching the impoverished people among the Zoramites who have been casted out of the churches and synagogues and not allowed to worship like the more well off affluent zoramites. 
He says, 39. Yea, and I also exhort you, my brethren, that ye be watchful unto prayer continually, that ye may not be led away by the temptations of the devil, that he may not overpower you, that ye may not become his subjects at the last day; for behold, he rewardeth you no good thing. 40. And now my beloved brethren, I would exhort you to have patience, and that ye bear with all manner of afflictions; that ye do not revile against those who do cast you out because of your exceeding poverty, lest ye become sinners like unto them;
41. But that ye have patience, and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions.
I remembered the story Patience wrote about a general that wrote everything into her name in his will... and she gave all of it up on the call to gather zion. Before that, she lost a job at a hotel and was persecuted by her own sister as well as other friends and acquaintances around her. After giving up what was accounted to be a large fortune, she made the trek with her family across the ocean in the which her cousin died and was buried at sea. Later (in the part I haven't read yet) she suffers hunger, fatigue and the loss of her father to be obedient to the call of God. During the whole time, she would always say she was so blessed to have found the true church and to have a loving Heavenly Father. You can just feel the spirit as you read her words of her heartfelt testimony. I am sure it was not easy at the time she actually experienced these things, but in her later years, she could not help but thank God for how much she was blessed throughout her whole life. Patience had a testimony in the words of Amulek that one day, if we bear with patience our afflictions, we will be able to rest from all. 

Thank you for the email! I love you!
Elder Schroeder

No comments:

Post a Comment