Friday, April 1, 2016

Philippines= The Pearl of the Orient

March 28, 2016

Hello Family!

This week was all good here! We have had extra missionaries staying with us at our house this week on and off. i am learning a lot about selfless service and good things like that. 

Anyways, I am at a loss of words for this week and I am not really sure what it is that I should say in my email this week. We are teaching a lot of people and we had 20 new investigators this week. That means that we taught 20 new people for the first time this week. We have really been blessed to be able to find a lot of people to be able to teach this week. It is a great blessing to serve in a land where people are so willing to listen and to have time to learn from us. 

I am really enjoying the work here and having fun doing lots of different things. We finished another zone conference this week and everything went really well. We have the last zone conference this week and I am really excited for this last one to be over. We also have a batch of missionaries going home this week, we have a temple day, and we have exchanges this week. So we will be super busy this week like normal. 

Yes by the way, my plans are to go to a semester at BYU-I and then to transfer to Provo. (at least I am pretty sure).  Is that 1962 impala for me? haha... kidding. I hope you have a fun time up in Idaho. Don't freeze to death out there. 

This week, a spiritual experience comes from all the new investigators that we had this week. I remember something from our conference with Elder Maynes. He explained to the missionaries that if Elder Haynie and he were to go outside, that they could find someone to teach in 5 minutes. The faith and the power that those two men have made an impression on my mind. I always would think to myself or doubt, how receptive are the Filipino people? Is it really that easy to find a new person to teach. This week, we were able to have 20 new investigators. One week, several months ago, Elder Burgos and I were able to have 22 new investigators. My faith has grown immensely, and I can now also say, "give me 5 minutes, and I can find someone new to teach." The people here are so receptive to the gospel. I understand that not everyone will be prepared to accept the message and to really take it into their heart and mind. However, this Pearl of the Orient is a blessed land and prepared for missionaries and for this work to go forth with great power and great haste. It is such a blessing to have been chosen to serve here for a short period, and I pray that I can make the most of my time here. God has prepared these people to listen to the message of the restored gospel. 

As a side note, you may remember from an email of mine some time ago that the Philippines is referred to by the brethren as "The Pearl of the Orient." I learned this week that in the Philippine National anthem, they refer to the Philippines as "perlas ng silanganan" which means, pearl of the far east. I can testify, this is the pearl of the far east and is crucial to the preparation of missionary work in this part of the world. Great things will be brought to pass as the Philippines becomes and area of strength!

Thank you for all the prayers and emails!
I love you all!
Elder Schroeder

No comments:

Post a Comment